Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I've Finished B*E*A*S*T* OF BURDEN!!

I've been stressing over my deadline of October 1st for this book, as I had previously thought my deadline wasn't until December 1st. I was so wrong. That meant I had to crunch about 27K into two weeks. I busted my ass to get this book done on time and now my hands are cold and numb. LOL

But the second book of the B*E*A*S*T* series is FINISHED at 60,352 words. The last few lines of the book gave me chills. Oooo.... LOL This book is scheduled for a February 2007 release date. Not too long, but long enough if you've already read the first one and are waiting for it. :P

But I just wanted to let y'all know, because I'm pretty proud of myself for busting my butt and getting it finished before deadline. Now I've got to do the cover to cover read thru before I send it off to my editor. But that'll be cake. The hard part is over.

Thank God.

Now I can take a breather. The deadline for NATURE OF THE B*E*A*S*T*, the third book in the series, isn't until March 1st. Whew.

~~Becka

5 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

Well, I did the final read thru, and even though I jammed to get the book done, there weren't any glaring holes (that I could see), nothing more than a few typos, really. :P WOOHOO!!!

So B*E*A*S*T* OF BURDEN is on my editor's desk. Now, I'm officially on break from writing for a little while. :P

~~Becka

5:58 PM  
Blogger AJ Cove said...

Rebecca, I just bought your book The B*E*A*S*T Within. So far, it's great. I can already tell you're a really good writer even though I'm only on chapter four. I will be adding you to my favorite authors list. Thanks.

3:04 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

A.J.,

Thank you for buying the book! I'm glad you are enjoying it so far. I hope you really like it. I've never written romantic suspense before, so TBW is my first attempt. I tried to envision something like The Bourne Identity movies with shifters. Don't know if I actually achieved it, but that was my goal. LOL

You gotta let me know what you think when you're done! I don't have any impartial opinions at this point, just the praise of friends. :P It'll be nice to hear what the public at large thinks of Noah and Lanie. :)

~~Becka

8:10 AM  
Blogger AJ Cove said...

Becka,
I loved it. I am now so in love with Noah. I wish I was Lanie. Thanks for getting me away from my own life for a while. I will be on the lookout for your next two in the series. I like your book movies too.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

A.J., thank you so much for your kind words! :D I'm so happy you fell in love with Noah and Lanie. They were great, weren't they?

I didn't think anyone could top Noah...until I wrote Rogan. :P You'll LOVE Rogan's story. It's released on Feb. 1st 2007, so be on the lookout. In fact, I have the countdown to Rogan's book already posted at the top of the page. :D

All blog posts will no "shift" (pun intended) to focus on Rogan's book, so you probably won't see any more postings by Noah and/or Lanie, unless it's pertaining to someone else's story. :)

Thanks again for making me smile. I needed it today.

~~Becka

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home