Thursday, November 02, 2006

HE'S ALIVE



I don't believe it. How could this be happening? Matthew's alive? Where the hell has he been for the past two years?

I've been so lonely, so isolated, so cold since Matthew died. Despite my family's urgings, I couldn't bare to throw away his things. Week after week, I would pull down his pictures and try to find his scent on the clothes he left behind. My bed is so big and empty. But no matter how many men I've 'dated' since Matthew's death, none of them could possibly compare. He was the love of my life.

But now, there's a man on my couch who looks just like my deceased husband, claiming to actually be Matthew Silver. I don't know what to believe any more. I feel like I'm going insane. I missed him so damn much, all I want to do is pull him closer, feel his weight bearing down on me. But that scares me more than anything. Who knows who this guy really is. He goes by "Rogan Wolfe", amazingly, using my husband's middle name as his first name.

He looks just like Matthew, except his hair is a little longer. But this man can shift into a wolf! If I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes, I never would've believed it. What has he been through? Who the hell is B*E*A*S*T*? And dear God, what did they do to him?

He doesn't remember me. I never thought anything could hurt quite as much as losing my husband. But having fate return him to me only to take his memories away has ripped out my heart. Matthew may have returned to me, but he is no longer the man I married. He's now Rogan Wolfe, a shifter.

He says he can only remember one thing of his life before--making love to me. God help me, but I want him to take me in his arms and make love to me once again.

~~Marlie Silver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home