Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Remembering My "Life Before"

I'm sitting here in my own wife's house and I can't remember one goddamn thing about our wedding day. She showed me pictures and I feel like a fricken' ass. How can I not remember the day I got married for God's sake? And Marlie, she was so beautiful in her dress. But no matter how hard I try, I can't bring those images to my mind, even though I see myself in those pictures, plain as day.





Those assholes at B*E*A*S*T* have a lot of shit to answer for. And Marlie... The woman looks so lost. Everytime she gazes at me, my heart jumps and all I want to do is kiss her tears away. I only have one hazy memory of my life before--making love to my wife on a starlit night. I can even remember exactly what Marlie tastes like.





I've got to know if what I remember is real. I NEED to know if it truly happened. I'm going crazy just thinking about it. But I can smell Marlie's scent. She's apprehensive and confused and scared at the fact that I've merely waltzed back into her life. But there's another scent wafting from her, a stronger one, one that's making me salivate at the thought alone.

Desire.

Christ, the woman still wants me after all this time! Wade says I have a second chance with her. He thinks she's still in love with me. Judging by her scent, I'd say he's not too far from the truth. But I can't jump into a new relationship with a woman I don't remember. That wouldn't be fair to either of us.

Damn it, I can hear her crying. I won't be able to stand it much longer.

Shit, I'm going to regret this. But I've got to taste her again. There's no other choice. I need to remember her. I need HER.



~~Rogan Wolfe

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous!! I can't wait to read this one, the first one was awesome!!!

Valerie

2:05 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

Thanks, Val! I'm glad you liked it so much. The first book is in the EPPIES. They're announcing the finalists in just over a week. I'm SOOO crossing my fingers. :) But if you loved TBW, you'll love Rogan's story just as much. Now I gotta focus on Wade....

~~Becka

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home