Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What the Hell is Going On?

I've been abducted. I don't know by who, I don't know why, all I know is, I'm bound and gagged like some animal in the back of a foul-smelling Humvee. My abductor seems nervous about something, always peering into his rearview mirror, as if looking for pursuers. What is he thinking? He's got to know I'm the daughter of Senator Clive Covington.




He's going to get himself into a lot of damn trouble if he doesn't rethink what he's doing. But he seems familiar to me, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out where I've seen him before. But I know it's been a long time, and my memory isn't always so great. Hopefully, I'll remember who he is, and maybe then I'll be able to understand why the hell he abducted me from the parking lot of the Channel 6 News.

He seems as if he has at least some kind of moral compass. He's told me more than once he won't harm me. But I've witnessed his eyes flash a strange gold color, something I'm sure no other person on the face of this earth can do. Maybe I merely imagined it, but I could have sworn his eyes glinted a different color when he stared at me in the rearview mirror.



I cannot believe I'm bound and gagged in the back of a truck, no doubt somewhere on a remote highway, thinking my captor is a good-looking man. Is something wrong with me? Perhaps it's the feelings of familiarity I have toward him that's making me even think it. Perhaps it's the way his eyes soften when he looks at me, regardless of their changing color.

Oh God, he's pulling over now. He's going to make me more comfortable. What should I do, run? Or try to get on his good side? I hope, for my own sake, I don't make the wrong decision...

~~Keira Covington

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home