Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Where Am I? Who Am I?

I'm so scared. I don't know what to do. My mind is blank--I don't remember anything past two months ago. Every time I try to remember, I hit a brick wall. All I can think about is my cage and the branch that I perched on.

And the things they made me do... I can't even bring myself to think on that. My thoughts aren't so scattered when I'm in my shifted state. I've been trying to stay a snowy owl for as long as I can. But it's so quiet here. And I don't even know where here is.

After all the chaos, after all the death, I seem to be the only one left, circling the ruined compound with nowhere to go. I don't know who I am, I don't have anywhere to run. It makes me gag, what I've had to eat--what I've had to do to survive.

All I know...is my name.

Robyn Groves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home